- This event has passed.
Lactation Support Circle
November 30 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This group is not held on some holidays. Please double check schedule before heading over.
This group is NO LONGER HELD at The SF Birth Center.
In this group not only will you get immediate help with whatever difficulties you’re experiencing, and have your questions answered, but you will also find community support, have your experience normalized, and make friends.
Before nursing, babies can be weighed on a digital scale to help assess how much milk the baby is taking in.
This group is for: All parents who are nursing (breastfeeding or cheastfeeding). You are encouraged to bring your nursing child with you. We also encourage pregnant parents to come by before your baby gets here, so you can see what breastfeeding looks like and get a heads up on the kinds of issues that can arise. Pregnant people can attend for FREE.
Concerns that can be addressed include:
- How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
- Slow weight gain
- Incorrect latch and causes (tongue tie, etc)
- Sore nipples or breasts
- Clogged ducts and mastitis
- Increasing supply
- Dealing with oversupply
- When and how to supplement
- When you should pump
Cost: $30 non-member, $20 member (FREE for expectant Moms)
- This group is not held on all major holidays. Please check schedule
- We respectfully request that you make every effort to arrive on time. We, of course, understand that it can be tricky getting out of the house with a new little one, however on time arrival ensures your questions are addressed and minimizes disruptions to your fellow parents.
- You will not be turned away but if you arrive significantly late, the facilitator may have already covered your situation and may not have time to revisit the topic.
Click here to view details on website.