- This event has passed.
Newborn Care & Parenting
January 28 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
This class is held at both Natural Resources and The SF Birth Center. Please carefully confirm which location you are signing up for.
The focus of this class is the first 1-2 months of your baby’s life outside the womb. You’ll learn how to adjust to being a parent and take care of yourself at the same time. Newborn appearance and clinical procedures will be summarized. Methods for swaddling, diapering and soothing newborns will be demonstrated and practiced.
Discussion topics include:
- interpreting your baby’s cues
- emotional adjustment
- postpartum support
- what to expect regarding newborn behavior
- feeding your baby (see note regarding breastfeeding below)
- and the latest recommendations from experts in the field
The goal of this class is to make you feel better prepared to take care of your little one especially when you have not had much exposure to newborns in the past.
- This class is held at both Natural Resources and The SF Birth Center. Please carefully confirm which location you have signed up for.
- We recommend taking a Breastfeeding Class prior to this class if you plan to nurse your baby as this topic will NOT be discussed at length. Infant & Child First Aid and CPR is a wonderful addition as well
- Participants are encouraged to dress comfortably as you will be on the floor for the hands-on portion of this class
- There will be a break for lunch and some snacks will be provided but you are encouraged to bring something for lunch as there may not be enough time to order & pick up food
This event has a Google Hangouts video call.